Hidden scars, chapter 12

 

Hidden scars





Episode 12


Authoress pov
Backstage Whitney's kept hoping to be the winner of the contest
And as time went by she became more nervous by the minutes while the audience voted.
After some minutes the Mc climbed up the stage to announce the winner of the contest.
"This was really a though competition, but we all know only one team would go home as the winner!!!
Let's see who would be our winner for tonight" the mc said turning to face the large screen showing the vote counts
Whitney watched earnestly as the votes kept increasing on the screen until it stopped. Whitney sighed sadly at the outcome.
Tara votes:1,050 votes
Whitney votes:1,048
Tara surpassed Whitney with two votes
"Well there you have it Tara is our winner" the mc yelled into the mic
"Yes Haha I won i won in your face sore loser" Tara boasted
Whitney sighed sadly turning to leave when Jack held her hand making her stop, he then pointed at the screen displaying the votes.
Whitney eyes beamed happily the votes had changed
Tara votes:1,051 votes
Whitney votes:1,082 votes
"Whoah Whitney has a whole 29 votes ahead of Tara, which makes her the real winner of this contest" the mc said
!!!Yes we won!!! Jack said lifting Whitney up
Whitney giggled happily glad she and Jack hard work didn't go to waste
Tara happy face turned into a frown and she stormed out of the ice rink leaving her partner behind.
Jack and Whitney walked up to the stage with the audience chanting their names, they were given their prize before they gave a final bow to the audience and left the stage and heading backstage to change their clothes.
!!!Now that was one hell of a competition!!
Whitney pov
"!!!Whitney!!! I'm so happy you won the contest yay" Kathryn and Stace squealed hugging me, I smiled heartily
I can't believe we actually won, I mean I thought we already lost but no....we won
"I'm proud of you champ" Jace said
"Aww thanks Jace" I said shyly
"You guys were amazing Jack the way you was dance splendid and Whitney that back flip you did was amazing, I didn't know you could back flip on ice I'll love to try it" Erick said praisingly
I blushed as I was not really use to such complements.
"Ahh my little pumpkin I'm so proud of you, I never knew you could dance like that....oh come give me a hug" dad said spreading his arms wide open
I rushed into his arms hugging him tightly, I pulled from the hug smiling brightly.
"Dad where's mom, didn't she come" I asked turning my head to look around the hall in hope to catch a glimpse of mom
"Oh pumpkin she didn't, she didn't wanna come, and I couldn't force her too besides it's her loss that was a good show" dad said
Mom didn't come watch me, I participated in this contest for her. I wanted to show her I'm as good as my peers she compare me to and she didn't come watch me
I sniffed trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to slip out of my eye
"We should celebrate this victory" Jack suggested
"Yeah we could go that new tacos 🌮🌮 restaurant that just opened down town" Erick sided
"Sure why not let's go everybody" dad said leading the way out
I tried to lighten up a bit, I don't want others to sense my dull mood.
I joined them in the car faking a smile and soon we zoomed off to the restaurant
Tbc
✍✍Authoress goody✍✍

Comments